Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Best Year... EVER!!

By: Maegan Beaumont

So, 2013 rocked. Don't believe me? I'll prove it.

 In 2013, I:

1) Somehow managed to con a real-life publishing house into publishing my book.

2) Then performed some kind of mass hypnosis on reviewers, readers and people in general, convincing them that they actually liked this book (don't ask... I'm still not sure how I managed to do it).
3) Got to go to Colorado and meet some of my fellow MInkers. See, I have proof:
Look at at this talent behind and beside me!

4) Actually finished book #2 in my series and got it to my editor without bloodshed (although it was close...).
5) Nearly had a coronary when Carved in Darkness was named in Suspense Magazine's Best of 2013 issue... Best Debut!
http://www.suspensemagazine.com/files/December_2013_Suspense_Magazine.pdf
6) Managed to get through the holidays without committing murder (again, it was a squeaker).

But as great as 2013 was, I have a feeling 2014 is going to be even better! I received cover art for Sabrina's next book and I'm beside myself with excitement over how great it turned out... want to see?

Sabrina opened the red envelope and saw one word. Mox. Soon.

After learning the identity of the serial killer behind her 83 horrific days of rape and torture, Sabrina Vaughn has suffered more physical and emotional wounds than she can handle. Despite reeling with pain both old and new, Sabrina is given a second chance as a San Francisco homicide detective. But as reporters dog her every step and hordes of mail pour into her office -- from supporters and nutjobs alike -- Sabrina falls deeper into a pit of humiliation and anxiety. When nine red roses repeatedly show up on her desk, followed by an ominous red envelope addressed to Calliope, Sabrina realizes that a new killer is targeting her. She is his chosen muse, and the Fates require sacrifice.

The official release date is July 8th, 2014... until then, I'll be practicing my mass hypnosis skills.

Maegan Beaumont is the author of CARVED IN DARKNESS, the first book in the Sabrina Vaughn thriller series (Available through Midnight Ink, spring 2013). A native Phoenician, Maegan’s stories are meant to make you wonder what the guy standing in front of you in the Starbucks line has locked in his basement, and feel a strong desire to sleep with the light on. When she isn’t busy fulfilling her duties as Domestic Goddess for her high school sweetheart turned husband, Joe, and their four children, she is locked in her office with her computer, her coffee pot and her Rhodesian Ridgeback, and one true love, Jade.



"Prepare to be overwhelmed by the tension and moodiness that permeates this edgy thriller. Beaumont’s ability to keep the twists coming even when the answer seems obvious is quite potent."
--Library Journal






2 comments:

Beth Groundwater said...

Love the new cover, Maegan!

Maegan Beaumont said...

I know, right?!? It's just like I imagined! :)