Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Day Late but Here and Happy

--by Linda O. Johnston

I apologize.  I'm supposed to post at InkSpot on the first Monday of every month, and now it's Tuesday.  I could claim it was because yesterday was a holiday, Labor Day, but that didn't directly have anything to do with my forgetting.  And it also isn't the first time I've posted late.

But I had a busy weekend.  I have a new paranormal romance release this month, a Harlequin Nocturne in my Alpha Force miniseries about a covert military unit of shapeshifters: CANADIAN WOLF.  I'm involved in promoting it.

Plus, I'm working on promoting my next Superstition Mystery for Midnight Ink, KNOCK ON WOOD, which is an October release.

And, wouldn't you know it, my husband and wonderful handyman was gone when an alarm in my house started letting me know once a minute that it needed new batteries.  At first I had no idea where those beeps were coming from and I thought that night's sleep would be just a dream!

Now, though, all is well.   I'm working on my third Superstition Mystery.  My house is quiet.  Except for my dogs, of course, but they're always giving me orders.

I'm posting this after some very inspirational posts from other Midnight Ink authors.  There's nothing inspirational about what I'm writing here, and I admire my fellow Inkers for what they've said.

Looks like I need to do some research into superstitions about being late.  But at least I'm at last putting my post up.  Happy September, everyone! 

No comments: