Thursday, July 7, 2011

Three For Three

Deadly Campaign

Another book will be throwing its hat into the 2012 ring: DEADLY CAMPAIGN, set for a January release.

This is my third book, and it was still a thrill when I saw my cover for the first time. And what a cover it is! Eye-catching, colorful, enticing (I hope!). For my money, Midnight Ink does the best covers in the business, and I’m very grateful to be part of the team.

 

Believe it or not, until about three weeks ago, I hadn’t connected the fact that this book—with a congressional campaign as a backdrop—was coming out in an election year (I know, duh!). Maybe it’s because I live in the D.C. suburbs and politics is in the news every single day, election year or not.

My two previous books were both Spring releases, so this will be my first Winter release. Hopefully, the book will appeal to all those who receive bookstore gift cards doing their shopping in early January.

Okay, so what’s the book about? Here’s the description from Midnight Ink’s website:

A new Last Laff Mystery from Agatha Award-nominated author Alan Orloff:   Comedy club owner and occasional performer Channing Hayes thought the comedy business was tough, but it's a stroll in the park compared to politics. When he and his business partner Artie attend a congressional campaign event for their friend Thomas Lee's nephew, masked thugs storm in and break up Lee's restaurant with baseball bats. The candidate's people insist that the police not be involved, so Lee asks Channing to investigate. As Channing searches for answers, he finds himself immersed in a corrupt world of payoffs, gangs, illicit affairs, blackmail—and murder . . .

 

It’s available for pre-order here, here, here, and here. Register your vote today!

 

My name is Alan Orloff, and I have approved this message.

12 comments:

Lois Winston said...

Alan, you can't buy publicity like this. I'll bet the title alone will make the book fly off the shelves in 2012. Best of luck with it.

Beth Groundwater said...

I, too, love the cover, and what great timing for its release!

Darrell James said...

I agree, Alan, Midnight does awesome covers. Congratulations! Here's to 2012!

Robin Allen said...

Gorgeous cover, Alan. Congrats on the new release. Timing is everything, eh?

Jessie Chandler said...

Alan,

I totally agree, MI ROCKS in creating awesome covers! You're looks terrific! And sometimes things work out nicely as far as timing goes. My fingers and toes are crossed for great sales for you :-)

Alan Orloff said...

Alice - Thanks! Here's hoping dumb luck is good luck!

Beth - Thanks! I can't take any credit for the timing.

Darrell - Thanks! Having such a good cover puts pressure on us writers to have something equally good on the inside.

Robin - Thanks! Don't tell Andre Agassi--he still thinks image is everything.

Jessie - Thanks! You've got your fingers and toes crossed; I've got my eyes crossed, so we're covered.

Kathleen Ernst said...

Congrats, Alan! Milk that politics/election thing for all its worth.

Alan Orloff said...

Kathleen - Thanks! You betcha. I can pander right along with everybody else!

Alice Loweecey said...

Looks great!

Cricket McRae said...

Terrific cover! And very nice timing. Congrats!

Deborah Sharp said...

Hey, I'd vote for you, buddy!

G.M. Malliet said...

Just when I thought I was catching up on my reading.

Seriously, congratulations!