Wednesday, May 15, 2013

CARVED IN DARKNESS Has Been Released Into The Wild!

By: Maegan Beaumont



Last week was one of those weeks. You know, one of those weeks where you aren't sure if it's real. One of those weeks where you're sure someone, somewhere made a HUGE mistake to your great benefit. One of those weeks that you never want to end. My debut novel was released. I had my very first signing (alongside Matt Coyle and Darrell James) at The Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, to which my Writer Sisters and our mentor, Les Edgerton flew in from far off places (South Carolina and Colorado are pretty far away...). I received some fabulous reviews... and I contracted salmonella. Food poisoning aside, it was a week dreams are made of.

GREAT panel discussion with Matt Coyle and Darrell James


Matt Coyle, Darrell James and me, getting ready  to sign some books!


















me, signing a book--for real!
The icing on top of my literary cake were the reviews I received. This one from Jenny Hilborne at NY Journal of books: http://www.nyjournalofbooks.com/review/carved-darkness



I feel like a kid at Disneyland who just got off the Teacups--giddy, dizzy and kinda nauseous .. but ready to do it all over again!

Maegan Beaumont is the author of CARVED IN DARKNESS, the first book in the Sabrina Vaughn thriller series (Available through Midnight Ink, spring 2013). A native Phoenician, Maegan’s stories are meant to make you wonder what the guy standing in front of you in the Starbucks line has locked in his basement, and feel a strong desire to sleep with the light on. When she isn’t busy fulfilling her duties as Domestic Goddess for her high school sweetheart turned husband, Joe, and their four children, she is locked in her office with her computer, her coffee pot and her Rhodesian Ridgeback, and one true love, Jade.

4 comments:

Deborah Sharp said...

Yay! There is NO better feeling for a writer than when that debut novel comes out. Enjoy the ride, Maegan. (Yikes, salmonella? not so enjoyable!) Lucky you to do your first signing with Darrell, one of the nicest guys in the book biz. I don't know Matt, but I'm sure he's wonderful, too. Happy for you....

Maegan Beaumont said...

Thank you so much, Deborah!
Both Darrell and Matt were phenomenal! I was so lucky to share the day with such talented writers!

Beth Groundwater said...

Congratulations, Maegan!!!

Maegan Beaumont said...

thank you, Beth! :)