Monday, October 2, 2017

Why Write Mysteries?


by Linda O. Johnston

The answer to that question, if posed to most mystery writers, will probably yield a lot of answers.


Because I love to read mysteries, is one of the primary ones, I suspect. 


Some others?


Because I love to stump others who read my work.


Because I enjoy creating smart, creative protagonists--and bad guys, too.


Because I enjoy belonging to organizations of mystery writers.


Because I have fun writing mysteries--and editing and even re-reading my own work.


Because I like my publisher.


Because it's a challenge, and I enjoy challenges.


Because I enjoy writing blog posts about mysteries.


Because... well, those of us who are active on this blog write mysteries for Midnight Ink, of course. Some of you might identify with what I've already said.  Others might have a lot more ideas of your own about what spurred you to start writing mysteries. 



But one that probably all will identify with?  Because it's who I am and what I love.

No comments: