Monday, December 31, 2007

Predictions for 2008

This was the view from my bedroom window this morning: a snowy New Year's Eve in Southern Vermont, with more snow in the forecast for late tonight and tomorrow.

As my husband and I are moving into our new home tomorrow and are staying with my parents during the move, in a house currently occupied by 15 adults, three children, two cats and a dog, (Can you hear the circus music playing as I write this?) I will make my post brief, but fun. :)

We've all seen those New Year's predictions in the supermarket tabloids. Imagine, for a moment, that you are Jeanne Dixon. Gazing into your crystal ball, what do you envision for 2008? What's in store for the writers of MI and the world of publishing?

I look forward to your responses. Until next time, here's wishing you love, health and happiness in the New Year and beyond.

6 comments:

Nina Wright said...

My prediction: Those who must write will, despite a tight market.

Determination, talent, hard work, and--most important of all--good luck will continue to be the magic combination behind The BIG Books of '08 and beyond.

That being said, we make a lot of our own luck, so here's to more of that!

And to you, Amy, I wish a joyous new year in your new home.

Nina

Candy Calvert said...

Awesome snow scene, Amy. The peace belying what must indeed be warm and crazy chaos inside Grandma and Grandpa's house. All you need is Steve Martin or Chevy Chase to make this into one of those wacky holiday movies!

As for 2008--I really do sense that it's going to be a great year. Hard work, of course, but lots of new hurdles overcome, great new chances to network and learn from our peers. And as yet undreamed of opportunities--and successes.

And, for you, a new home too. :-)

Happy New Year to everyone!

Candy

Keith Raffel said...

Oh, Amy. A bigger person than I could resist mentioning that it's 60 degrees and sunny in Palo Alto. This morning I walked three miles to breakfast and it was great. Good luck with the new house and year.

Joe Moore said...

That's a beautiful, Holiday card scene, Amy. Thanks for sharing it with everyone. My prediction for 2008 is that we will never have a scene like that in South Florida throughout the coming year. And for many reasons I can't go into here, I really glad we won't. It was in the 80s here today. Happy New Year to all and may everyone's wishes for the coming year prove true.

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Lovely scene, Amy. Best of luck with the move. The Chinese have a saying, "Better a fire than a move." They might be right.

G.M. Malliet said...

MI is going to continue to grow as a mystery publisher in both prestige and popularity.