Friday, July 16, 2010

Cover Me

by G.M. Malliet

My second book in the St. Just mystery series, Death and the Lit Chick, has just been "re-covered." The idea is to bring this book more in line with the look of the rest of the books in the series. Now that I see the two covers next to each other, I like them both. Which is your favorite? Vote below.

(Note: It's the same book as before, just with a new cover.)


Which cover of Death and the Lit Chick do you like best?
Original (with lipstick)
New (with bottle)


  
pollcode.com free polls

5 comments:

Sue Ann Jaffarian said...

LOVE the new cover, Gin. I liked the old one, too, but think the new one is more in line with the entire series. It also doesn't seem as "frivolous."

Carol Grace said...

The new cover fits the series. The old cover is flashy and fun but does it match the tone and the subject matter? I don't think so. They've done a great job. Hope my books will get the same treatment.

Stephen Parrish said...

I voted for the new one too. It's hard to say why one image is more arresting than another. I think both designs are good, but the new one will be more appealing to mystery readers.

Unknown said...

Gin- If I saw these two side by side on the bookshelf, I would have thought they represented 2 completely different books. I like the lipstick cover because it pops!!! But it looks "chick lit". Cover 2 better fits your series, but it needs more zing.

G.M. Malliet said...

Diana & Stephen - The first cover says "Chick Lit" to me, more than it says "Mystery." Neither says "send-up of the chick lit mystery genre," but that is, admittedly, asking a lot of a mere cover. I was holding out for a stiletto heel, myself, but maybe that's become a cliche.